At Movement and Flow Physical Therapy we are trained to evaluate and treat a variety of Musculoskeletal Conditions and Injuries to bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and other related joint structures in addition to general orthopedic conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis and Fybromyalgia.
Our physical therapist, Bianca Pereira, strongly believes in continuing education and strives to stay informed in the most current developments in the medical and physical therapy fields. She participates in relevant courses and conferences frequently.
Our sessions are all individualized 60 minutes sessions. You can expect to receive hands on, one on one care. Our treatment is tailored to your condition and to goals that are relevant to you. It will address impairments such as pain, inflammation, restricted movement, joint instability, muscle weakness. It will help restore range of motion, strength, mobility, flexibility, endurance, self-care skills and overall activity/sports performance.
Our interventions may include and are not limited to:
- Manual Therapy: Joint mobilization, Trigger point and Myofascial Release, Soft tissue mobilization.
- Therapeutic exercises: ROM, strengthening, stretching, postural and core stabilization exercises.
- Modalities: E-Stimulation, Iontophoresis, Phonophoresis, Ultrasound, Heat Therapy, Cold Therapy.
- Patient education: we educate our patients about their conditions and ways to improve it. When appropriate, we may suggest activity and ergonomic modifications in order to prevent further injuries.
- Home Exercise programs: our patients are offered tailored home exercise programs to complement our work in the clinic. Every patient is discharged with a comprehensive exercises routine.
At movement and Flow Physical Therapy we are committed to our patients and their health. We will inspire and empower them to actively participate in their recovery and will get them ready to perform prior activities and/or safely return to work/sports.