Cancer and treatment can cause physical problems including, but not limited to, pain, fatigue, limited mobility and muscle weakness. These may interfere with your life in physical, emotional and practical ways. After breast cancer surgery, you will likely feel tightness across the chest, shoulders and possibly upper back and/or neck. After a mastectomy, axillary lymph node dissection and/or radiation, you will have greater risk for developing Lymphedema of the arms. Physical Therapy will help you with fatigue, pain and overall ability to function.
At Movement and Flow Physical Therapy we will work with you to develop a plan of care that addresses your limitations and work towards achieving your goals.
Our interventions may include, but are not limited to:
- Physical modalities to address any pain or discomfort.
- Therapeutic exercises to increase your range of motion, strength and endurance.
- Manual therapy techniques to release any soft tissue restrictions and to accelerate healing.
- Scar mobilization to address any adhesion/scarring associated with surgery.
- Lymphedema management.
- Therapeutic yoga for general wellness and stress management.
Our care is hands on and provided in a private and comfortable setting. We support our clients throughout the whole spectrum of treatment through the development of a long lasting, genuine relationship that is based on compassion, mutual respect and trust.